A well-known Milwaukee based manufacturer of Medical Electronics seeks a Vice President of Finance & Administration.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a key member of the Management team, the Vice President of Finance and Administration (VPFA) is responsible to the organization’s CEO and assumes a leadership role in the overall operations of the company. The VPFA for all long-range financial matters and to establish company-wide financial and administrative objectives, policies, programs, and practices, which insure the company of a continuously sound financial structure. As Chief Financial Officer, the control the flow of cash through the organization and maintain the integrity of funds, securities, and other valuable documents. The VPFA will manage the day-to-day operations of the business with ultimate responsibility for finance, IT, training, legal and contract compliance. This is a hands-on position working closely with the CEO on company-wide procedure setting, problem solving and decision making. The VPFA will collaborate with department leaders to execute and implement a strategic vision and approach to everyday activities.
The VP of Finance and Administration role presents a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, fast, growing organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives and tactical plans that enable achievement of organizational objectives and key strategies.
- Establishes and executes programs for the provision of the capital required by the business, including negotiating the procurement of capital and maintaining the required financial arrangements. Coordinates the long-range plans of the company, assesses the financial requirements implicit in these plans, and develops alternative ways in which financial requirements can be satisfied.
- To manage the cash-flow position of the company. Responsibility includes authority to establish credit and collections and purchasing policies and to establish schedules for the payment of bills and financial obligations.
- To approve all agreements concerning financial obligations, such as contracts for products or services and other actions requiring a commitment of financial resources.
- Maintains relationships with financial institutions in conjunction with the CEO. Administers banking arrangements and loan agreements, receives, has custody of and disburses the company’s monies and securities. Maintains adequate sources for the company’s current borrowings from commercial banks and other lending institutions. Invests the company’s funds as appropriate.
- Ensures the maintenance of appropriate financial records and preparation of required financial reports.
- Provides insurance coverage as required.
- Establishes and maintains an adequate market for the company’s securities and in connection therewith, maintains adequate liaison with investment bankers, financial analysts, and shareholders in conjunction with the CEO.
- Provides advice on all matters to the CEO and assists the CEO in the formulation of overall corporate objectives.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organizations human resource function and performance.
- Develops appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the organization. Included in this area would be programs such as employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, internal education and career development, among others.
- Continually assesses the competitiveness of all components of compensation, benefit programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
- Provides technical advice and knowledge to others within the human resources discipline.
- Manages the budget and other financial measures of the HR department.
- Evaluates the HR division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group.
- Can design and launch new approaches and processes to effect continual improvements in efficiency of departments and delivery of services.
- Demonstrated management skills, including: developing objectives and policies, forecasting, budgeting, organizational management, and supervising.
- Facilitating effective collaboration throughout the organization that assures efficient and effective use of resources.
- Leads the organization and individual departments in determining optimal training and development plans, procedures, and programs to meet training and development needs.
- Define, create, support and engage business leaders in a consistent approach to L&D.
- Creates company-wide talent development strategy to meet hiring, retention and development needs.
- Leads the evaluation and redesign of fundamental learning & development tools and processes.
- Assume responsibility for timely reporting to senior management or regulatory agencies.
- Aligns the overall IT objectives and capabilities to enable the enterprise objectives and strategies.
- Continuously monitors changes or advances in technology to discover ways the company can gain a competitive advantage
- Develops and leads the IT Team (with direct supervision of the Director of IT) that is responsible for maintaining all IT and digital platforms of the company.
- Provides leadership and oversight to the implementation of new systems and platform and ensures the optimization of the strategic benefits of those new systems.
- Four-year degree and 5+ years of senior leadership experience; a Masters’ degree in Business Administration or Finance is preferred. Experience in strategic planning design and implementation required.
- Excellent organizational skills and the desire and ability to work on several projects and issues at once are required attributes.
- Must have professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact with employees at all levels and to work effectively.
- Self-motivated professional with the ability to work under pressure, meet aggressive deadlines and act as an agent of change
- Experience in formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and Infrastructure
- Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations (e.g. SEC)
- Solid understanding of business functions (HR, etc.)
- Knowledge of fiscal planning, budgeting and reporting
- Ability in decision-making and problem-solving
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills