Our client a well-known Chicago area based Global Manufacturer of MRI product going the Medical and Security fields seeks a Director of Service.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The Service Director will develop, implement and deliver on a world-class service organization built to increase customer satisfaction to best-in-sector level across the MRI Medical and Security divisions. The incumbent shall drive internal systems and logistics processes to facilitate efficiency and growth for both the MRI Medical and Security business units, built on excellence within the MRI Medical Field Service Engineer team and an internal Security service group. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the skill set and leadership to develop, own and manage pre- and post-sale installation, pre-sales engineering, repair, training, support, and ongoing customer engagement processes and warehouse logistics.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Ensure company has comprehensive and reliable customer satisfaction measurement across each market/product group and position their customer support as a key differentiator.
- Collaborate with divisional Vice Presidents and other business leaders to implement initiatives and post-sale processes that allow for customer retention and development.
- Create and implement a system for planning, scheduling and executing installation an end user training for MRI Medical customers.
- Own the process of efficiently employing Field service Engineers with emphasis on technical skills, training and positive customer interaction.
- Take initiative in identifying areas for efficiency improvements both internally and in terms of post sales interactions. Smart processes and systems, as well as ownership and leadership, are required.
- Own and manage all aspects of company’s logistics and warehouse functions for the Lisle office.
- Ensure company distributors are fully trained and equipped to provide required planning, installation and end-user in-service training for products.
- Provide first point of contact and management of all customer support enquiries for company’s’ products in all territories. Coordinate actions and response from company’s teams to ensure timely and appropriate response.
- Ensure company’s distributors maintain up to date location and operational status of all products in their territory.
- Develop, implement and manage in house training program.
- Maintain database of end-user locations for all products and responsible local 1st level support partners.
- Work with company’s field service team and distributors to ensure timely and regular proactive follow up with customers, especially in first stages of product use.
- Work with company’s field service team and distributor to maximize customer satisfaction and feedback.
- Establish and manage robust customer-oriented processes between company and distributor network to ensure sector-leading product service and support for all customers.
- Perform formal customer satisfaction surveys and maintain ongoing metrics
- Identify opportunities for additional product sales to customers and pass to distributors and/or sales team as appropriate for follow up.
- Identify and vocalize opportunities for product and service improvement.
- Participate/contribute to internal business unit meetings.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with company’s health, safety and environmental policies.
- Comply with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA Preferred
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience and demonstrated success in managing a n installation, repair and customer service organization. Experience in the MRI Medical, Medical Device or Security markets is preferred but not required.
- Experience managing logistics and warehouse functions, including inventory management, is required.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment is preferred but not required.
- Self-motivated, data-driven, collaborative and proactive approach
- Exceptional leader and people manager who assumes and drives accountability through the organization
- Ability to establish and maintain a professional relationship with customers/prospects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to present information in front of a large group
- Salesforce or equivalent CRM
- Microsoft Office
Travel: Up to 25%
- Field Service Engineer team and customer service function.