Our client a well-known Milwaukee manufacturer of Electronic products going into the Medical and Hospitality markets seeks a Director, Strategic Accounts to work with IDN’s, GPO’s and Government accounts.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director, Strategic Accounts is responsible for growing revenues with corporate accounts and federal, state and local government entities. The Director will also provide a single point of contact, and assure compliance and consistency for corporate, GPO’s, IDN’s and government accounts. This position is responsible for identifying group needs, following through on the development of targeted accounts, and interfacing appropriately with the various business units.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage and facilitate companies’ partnerships with current and prospective GPO, IDN and corporate accounts.
- Attain and exceed annual quota through sales to existing and new customer groups.
- Develop and monitor customer financial performance including renewal planning, negotiation and profitability levels.
- Secure new business through marketing and effective product and service expansion.
- Cultivate and advance corporate account relationships through on-going customer stewardship and targeted prospecting.
- Establish local relationships with IDNs, and Regional Hospital Groups by working closely with Account Managers on the local level to drive standardization.
- Preparation for and participation in new business site visits.
- Provide feedback to management on market trends and/or as requested by our customers.
- Attend National and Regional Conferences.
- Establish relationship with Regional GPO representative and facilitate meeting with company Account Executives.
- Develop quality partnerships that are beneficial to both the company and its customers.
- Evaluate current corporate contracts and determine if each is meeting the businesses’ goals and objectives of the customer and company.
- Evaluate current company GPO contracts, and determine if each is meeting the businesses’ goals and objectives.
- Increase marketing strategy for the current GPO partnerships and future partnerships that are developed.
- Manage the GSA, VA, FSS, contracts and attend regional VISN Conferences with the Account Executive.
- Conduct fact-finding (through business periodicals, web sites and other means) to determine prospective clients’ needs.
- Contact 100% of targeted customers each quarter (minimum requirement).
- Follow up on sales lead referrals from inbound calls, direct mail campaigns, web inquiries and individual lead generation activity.
- Develop and maintain a government sector contacts database in OnContact.
- Build interdepartmental team to broaden companies’ position with key government clients early in the sales cycle. Present sales proposals to the prospect or customer decision-maker.
- Establish and grow companies’ relationships with Architects, Equipment Planners and Engineering firms.
- Manage and maintain quarterly updates with established customer corporate point of contact.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively, successful sales experience with a minimum of 5 years in strategic sales leadership and planning required. Sales experience in capital equipment or healthcare is preferred.
- Experience cultivating and generating new business via cold calling and company sponsored leads.
- Experience building and maintaining positive client relationships with a proven commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Experience meeting, and preferably exceeding, sales objectives.
- Strong sales management skills.
- PC skills. Experience utilizing Microsoft Office and databases are highly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and professionalism. Executive selling skills to senior executives in government agencies.
Availability for up to 40% business travel.