Our client, a leading Southern California manufacturer of vitamin/dietary supplements, seeks a Manager of Quality Assurance.
Summary: Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the whole oversight of the Quality Assurance department, and floor quality at both manufacturing and packaging sites. They are to appropriate, delegate, and review Quality Assurance operations and related tasks to ensure company’s full Quality Assurance support as well as quality operational guidance and training to subordinate staff and other departments within the organization. They will need to ensure the quality assurance group in properly evaluating floor process quality systems and controls, investigations and dispositions, and any other quality needs to drive to quality product manufacture, processes, and systems. The individual will need to continually review and uphold company policies, procedures, and quality requirements required in the dietary supplement industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages all QA Supervisors, Assistant Supervisors, Leads, Technicians, and Document Control Specialists in both manufacturing and packaging facilities. This may include, but is not limited to, scheduling and coordinating work assignments for the department/shifts, along with planning and setting QA department goals and objectives, and respectively coordinating and directing QA department activities.
- Per compliance to cGMP, company SOPs, and training, thoroughly reviews and verifies Quality Assurance systems and operations within the department and in application at floor, driving facilities’ organizational quality.
- Conduct departmental adherence, task, and/or job performance reviews which include developing and managing metrics to track and drive facilities’ quality performance, respective appropriate actions for negative trend remediation, and for continual improvement.
- Represents companies Quality Assurance operations as needed in customer and regulatory audits, meetings, qualifications, and/or any other such required instances.
- As necessary, thoroughly reviews completed and/or prepared Quality Assurance documentation and dispositions or endorses appropriately upon verification of documentation as accurate, true, and complete.
- Authors and/or reviews Quality Assurance related SOPS, while ensuring proper adherence to by subordinate Quality Control staff.
- Perform and/or coordinate training of department personnel as needed, while developing, interpreting, and implementing policies and procedures for the area of responsibility
- Leads cross-functional teams on projects as pertaining to quality and process control initiatives, investigations, policies and/or procedures writing/review, best practices, and/or corrective and preventative action plans.
- Assist QA Supervisors for interviewing and hiring QA personnel
- Analyze quality data and make recommendations for improvement, participating in development, interpretation, and implementation of policies and procedures for the area of responsibility
- Initiate disciplinary actions and investigates incidents when required, as appropriate
- Maintains a strong conceptual understanding of the processes, procedures, and quality requirements required of our operations. Provides staff with respective guidance and support.
- Assures facilities’ compliance with quality requirements, exemplifying adherence to all safety, cGMP, and company’s Standard Operating Procedures and Policies, particularly, while keeping accountability of staff to the same.
- Must have the ability to be flexible, handle and support multiple projects simultaneously and adjust personal style to adapt to increased business pressures and work well under pressure while performing all tasks in an accurate, complete, timely and appropriate manner.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively inter- and intra- departmentally on matters as pertaining to QA.
- Perform other related quality and compliance duties as assigned VP of Q&R
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience with 5 years in a Supervisory and/or Managerial role
- Experience managing and scheduling a shift of five (5) or more employees
- Experience in training personnel
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in health science or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred. Equivalent combination of education, experience, background, and assessed aptitude and capacity
- Deep working knowledge of cGMPs and FDA regulations
- ASQ CQA and/or CHA certification preferred