Our client, a well know manufacturer of sophisticated electronic products, seeks a Vice President of Customer Ownership.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Vice President of Customer Ownership must have a minimum of ten years of experience managing field engineering, field service and training of employees: including development of organizational capabilities and employee competencies, and streamlining of business processes to improve the flow of services to customers.
The Vice President of Customer Ownership will be responsible for service revenue growth including driving growth of service contracts. The development and execution of training programs for employees and partners to help lead the installation team to install and certify all company systems nationwide, and be responsible for the management and quality audit of the installed base.
The VP Customer Ownership will have total ownership of the installed base. The individual will apply a mastery of project management skills to accomplish the goals of delivering projects on time, within budget and with the highest customer satisfaction.
The Vice President of Customer Ownership will develop procedures and personnel to achieve a high degree of competency and implement the measurement steps needed to be sure these goals are met.
The VP of Customer Ownership will lead the strategy and execution to drive service contract growth and will collaborate with sales, quality and engineering to ensure strong cross-functional relationships and alignment of overall company sales and profitability goals.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Overall P&L responsibility for service and installation functions of the company, managing revenues and expenses, and productivity measurements of staff and consistently maintain total customer satisfaction of company’s installed base.
- Must assume ownership of company’s installed base.
- Function as the customer service leader, ensuring timely escalation of field issues and establish a feedback loop to quality and engineering to timely resolve repeating issues.
- Develop and incorporate capabilities for project management support of system installations.
- Continued development of our network of 3rd party Installation/Service subcontractors to better serve our customers.
- Continually make sure that everyone involved with installations and service are well trained and certified.
- Drive the aggressive growth of service agreement coverage across our installed base to help our customers receive optimal systems operational performance.
- Ability to influence and work with cross-functional teams.
- Prioritize, schedule and delegate work assignments, and directly supervise the service and installation functions to ensure the best possible customer satisfaction with timely and effective service, and timely and efficient installation of company products.
- Visit customers to obtain firsthand knowledge regarding customer satisfaction.
- Act as a technical resource to the sales force for selling company’s component with service competence being a large component.
- Analyze service costs and develop customer pricing. Develop strategies and processes for effective customer quotes.
- Develop, recommend, and upon approval, effectively implement the departmental budget.
- Prepare and distribute all assigned and required reports on time, ensuring accuracy.
- Establish business systems for governance of: installer capacity, sourcing of internal/external installers, competitive bidding system for third party installers, and installer rates. Hire qualified installation personnel.
- Training of employees and installers in the processes and methods required to achieve and maintain the organization’s standards for quality, quantity, and safety, consistent with the organization’s core principles.
- Ensure organizational compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Basic Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a technical field.
- 10+ years of progressive responsibility and related experience.
- 5+ years of demonstrated project management experience in a field service role.
- 5+ years of service organization leadership.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. The ability to prepare reports and correspondence, and the ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees of the organization.
- Proven reasoning ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. The ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Detail orientated with a focus on meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Advanced degree in business or a technical discipline.
- Experience with servicing company products.
- Experience serving healthcare customers.
- Experience working with MS Project.