Our client, a well-known global manufacturer of innovative medical products being sold into the Hospital, Rx and Consumer markets seeks an energetic and focused Product Marketing Manager.
This position will develop, implement, monitor, and adjust product marketing plans that are linked to the strategy and supported by market research for Respiratory products. This role manages cross-functional teams in the organization for responsible category, as well as for specific projects assigned. The Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for continuous observation of relevant market activities (emerging trends, competitor activities, portfolio gaps, standards and regulations, consumer needs etc.).
In this job you will work 75% remote and 1 week per month in the office starting in September of this year.
- Lead and manage the creation of comprehensive product portfolio plans. Includes market analysis and competitive products and strategies; SWOT analyses, market environment assessment, clearly defining target consumer needs, developing new product concepts, development of product line objectives that link to mid-term growth and profitability goals; development of product strategies and tactics to achieve short and mid-term goals (1 to 3 year).
- Lead the launch of new products, includes: understanding consumer, customer, regulatory and sales force needs via effective market research; leading a multi-functional team in product definition and development; translating research results into viable new products, line extensions, and/or product launches by market segment; developing product training materials for customers and staff; and providing marketing input to product development teams to define customer functional requirements.
- Works with cross-functional marketing communications team to assist in the development of brand and category awareness campaigns. Helps and supports to ensure the company brand is communicated to the target consumers and is positioned as the leader within the category. Assists with creation of brand awareness messaging campaigns that resonate with the target consumer, and their influencers.
- Responsible for the P&L of the product line. Preparing and managing annual operating plans to include sales forecasts and expense budgets. Manage to sales growth and gross margin targets. Assist in managing retail distribution of product portfolio. Manage product line pricing.
- Serves as the Leader and Key contact for the assigned product categories. Assist Sales Team, Consumer Services, Supply chain, and other partnering organizations.
- Represents the company principles through personal and business interactions with employees, customers, distributors, and colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years or more Product Management area.
- Strong skills in product lifecycle management and new product launches.
- Preferred experience with working with overseas operations/functions.
- Able to use base Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Able to learn and adapt to new software-based systems.
- Uses and easily learns new mobile applications (connect with medical devices)
- Basic math and finance skills (algebra, market share, gross margin, profit, ROI calculations etc.)
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Capable of building strong relationships across the organization to progress the business forward.
- Ability to develop, communicate, implement, and manage 1-to-3-year product portfolio plans.
- Strong skills in the areas of: logical thinking, problem solving, instilling sense of urgency, prioritization within a multi-tasking environment, and driving successful results.
- Strong willingness to learn.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing environments.
- Approximately 20% travel is required with some international travel.
Commitment to Employees:
- Company Culture defined as a fast paced, multi-tasking, team focused, empowerment of employees, creative, innovative and open communication type organization.
- Training and Career Development Program to give employees a learning path with the necessary tools and resources they need to help build their career with the company.
- Great financial opportunities with competitive compensation, immediate 401k match with 100% vesting, profit sharing, and Blue Cross Blue Shield for medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits.
- Community Awareness that includes activities with local non-profit organizations and a Matching Gift Program.
- Work-Life Balance with Flexible Work Arrangements, Flexible Work Hours, and Sick/Vacation/Holiday Pay.
- Wellness Activities such as Walking Contests, Nutritional Learning Sessions, On Site Flu Shots and Health Screenings.