Our client, one of the Top 20 Medical Device companies in the world seeks a Corporate Strategic Account Director to handle IDN Sales in New England, Metro New York, and Northern New Jersey.
The Corporate Strategic Account Director position combines multiple functional attributes such as sales, business development, and marketing. The successful Strategic Account Director drives sales growth, develops account strategies, manages executive relationships, and improves overall customer satisfaction at their assigned corporate accounts. Increase sales of the overall company portfolio within Targeted Strategic Accounts utilizing designated distributors and programs established by National Accounts. Acting as the single point of contact, develop and maintain relationships with national and key regional distributor sales leaders and top distributor reps within area.
Responsibilities / Essential Duties:
- Development and execution of the IDN strategy for IDNs & Strategic corporate accounts consistent with the company’s business strategy.
- Generates sales of existing and new products and solutions portfolio at their strategic corporate accounts.
- Uses a high level of financial and business acumen to assess and cultivate new business and leveraged business opportunities.
- Gains input and trend information form major customer groups through direct contact with such groups, organizations and other vendors.
- Cultivates, promotes and maintains VIP relationships. Maintains a productive and beneficial relationship with influential executives.
- Targets top/middle of customer continuum and calls on the “C” suite to build and maintain a relationship with the financially responsible party and key decisions makers at the account.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of the account, including Executive support to deliver solutions based value proposition.
- Provides leadership in the planning, designing, and implementing of strategic business objectives at strategic corporate accounts.
- Defines vision, strategies and tactics required for profitable and sustained growth at strategic corporate accounts.
- Provides competitive intelligence, input and trend information to management and marketing.
- Accountable for price and contract negotiation.
- Provides product input and feedback to marketing on behalf of the account.
Ideal candidate will have minimum of 5-10 years sales, sales management, national accounts, IDN experience within the Medical Device field.
- Manages account planning across products/solutions and account administration.
- Conducts quarterly business reviews with the account.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key distributor sales directors.
- Attend and manage key distributor regional and national sales meetings.
- Drive consistent interaction field interaction with top distributor representatives and key distributor regional management teams.
Desired Qualifications / Experience:
- Relevant experience in prospecting new business development at IDN key corporate accounts, both GPO and Distribution.
- Ability to lead multi discipline sales team through a defined selling process; multi-level, high value, complex accounts.
- Experience in consultative sales, with the ability to develop technical value propositions.
- Ability to develop relationships from C-Suite to factory floor.
- Experience in developing profitable sales opportunities, product knowledge (width not depth), identify develop and secure opportunities to deliver annual revenue plan, and negotiate annual pricing contracts.
Compensation will include an excellent base, bonus program along with company car and all expenses.