Our client a well-known rapidly expanding Tennessee based pharma company seeks a Director of Engineering to lead a team of over 15 people.
Job Summary: Manage and assist in the completion of the day-to-day activities, involving the maintenance team, validation/EHS team, serialization, and the engineering team. Provide support to operations relating to technical planning and troubleshooting. Assist in customer audits by providing support to the quality department. Direct team on CAPEX planning/management and provide process layouts to executive staff. Over-see maintenance spending and on-hand inventory.
- Plans budget and schedules capital equipment purchase and modifications, including cost estimates
- Manage Engineering task and supply fiscal guidance
- Develop validation compliance and plan implementation for new launch
- Provide CAPEX plan for business growth
- Serve as customer liaison for any technical concerns
- Contract with and supervise all outside contractors
- Coach, counsel and manage performance of direct reports
- Observe and apply organizational policies, laws, rules and regulations
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Oversee validation program and ensure compliance
- Oversee serialization, customer onboarding and regulatory trends
- Participate in and complete all company-required training
- Work requires a flexible schedule, occasional weekend and / or evening work.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Engineering or a closely related field
- Requires a minimum of 6 years technical management experience
- Knowledgeable pharmaceutical or contract packaging equipment and maintenance
- Strong mechanical aptitude, and a working knowledge of electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostic skills
- Familiar with all current health and safety regulations
- Ability to manage multiple complicated priorities/tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Requires strong supervisory skills as wells as excellent oral and written communication skills