Our client, a well-known Global Multi-Billion Dollar manufacturer of medical devices, seeks a Director Health Systems to call on IDN’s and GPO’s in Denver. This person will be responsible for being the point of contract for all divisions within the company for these groups.
The Director, Healthcare Systems position combines multiple functional attributes such as sales, business development, and marketing skills while focusing efforts on Large Regional and selected national Health Systems/Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs). The successful Director drives sales growth, develops account strategies, manages executive relationships, and improves overall customer satisfaction at their assigned corporate accounts within a geographical area. The expectation is to increase sales of the overall company portfolio. The role requires the successful individual to act as the single point of contact for the companies and divisions. The Director, Healthcare Systems will need to leverage our sales teams, Distribution partners, and GPO relationships, to drive successful growth within targeted systems/IDNs.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Development and execution of the IDN strategy for IDNs & Strategic corporate accounts consistent with business strategies.
- Generates sales growth of existing products, new products and services, and solutions portfolio at their strategic corporate accounts.
- Uses a high level of financial and business acumen to assess and cultivate new business and leveraged business opportunities.
- Gains input and trend information from major customer groups through direct contact with such groups, organizations and other vendors.
- Cultivates, promotes and maintains VIP relationships. Maintains a productive and beneficial relationship with influential executives.
- Targets top/middle of customer continuum and calls on the “C” suite to build and maintain a relationship with the financially responsible party and key decisions makers at the account.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of the account and aligns resources, including Executive support to deliver a solutions-based value proposition.
- Provides leadership in the planning, designing, and implementing of strategic business objectives at strategic corporate accounts.
- Defines vision, strategies and tactics required for profitable and sustained growth at strategic corporate accounts.
- Provides competitive intelligence, input and trend information to management and marketing.
- Accountable for price and contract negotiation.
- Provides product input and feedback to marketing on behalf of the account.
- Acts as Sales liaison.
- Manages account planning across products/solutions and account administration.
- Conducts quarterly business reviews with Health Systems/IDNs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key distributor sales directors.
- Maintain key relationships with internal departments (i.e., Sales Contracting, Marketing, Technical Services, Customer Service, etc.)
- Drive consistent interactions with customers and internal sales team.
Expertise: Qualifications – Experience/Training/Education
- Must live within the territory.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline plus a minimum of 10 years of experience or a minimum of 10-15 years of directly related experience.
- A minimum of 2 years Sales Management experience with proven national scope experience & responsibility.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience managing sales accounts.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in account development.
- Excellent oral and written communication/interpersonal skills.
- Relevant experience in prospecting new business development at key Health Systems/IDNs.
- Ability to lead multi discipline sales team through a defined selling process; multi-level, high value, complex accounts.
- Experience in consultative sales, with the ability to develop technical value propositions.
- Ability to develop relationships from C-Suite to factory floor.