Our client a fast-growing suburban Chicago area manufacturer of Medical Equipment & Disposables seek a Commercial Marketing Manager to do downstream marketing and sales support.
- Initiative: Ability to act first or on your own without prompting by others; ability to introduce something new, e.g. product, services or process, future-focused.
- Teamwork: Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a group of people that is responsible for a shared outcome.
- Accountability: Ability to take ownership of work and deliver on expected outcomes, e.g. timeliness, quality, quantity, etc.
- Humility: Ability to act with courtesy, work with confidence, and not demonstrate arrogance; ability to be open-minded and ready to learn from others.
- Emotional Awareness: Ability to identify and harness the emotions of others and yourself to achieve positive outcomes.
- Customer Focused: Ability to align work, objectives, etc. with the needs of customers.
- Company Products and Services: Demonstrating understanding of the Company’s product and services.
- Commercial Awareness: Understanding how the business makes money.
- Persuasion: Ability to affect someone else’s beliefs or alter their course of action by communicating in a very effective way.
- Results Driven: Ability to generate and apply unique business insights and opportunities that create competitive advantage.
- Establish clinical, operational and financial value propositions.
- Develop product launch plans and lead product launch efforts.
- Forecast customer acceptance and use.
- Develop and implement tactical plans for awareness and lead generation.
- Design and implement effective selling tools.
- Manage online brand and product campaigns to meet strategic objectives.
- Enhance usability, design, content and conversion of the company website.
Understanding the Customer and Market
- Understand the market opportunity and competitor landscape.
- Develop product positioning relative to competitive products.
- Provide customer and sales force feedback for product improvement opportunities.
Developing and Maintaining the Business
- Support product use education of customers by developing and implementing training materials and in-servicing programs.
- Develop training tools and support the training of sales representatives.
- Act as the in-house customer advocate related to information about complaints and broad communication with customers.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
- 3+ Years of experience in medical product industry.
- Previous experience with distributors and direct sales representatives.
- Previous product launch experience, preferably with medical devices.
- Sales experience medical device industry preferred.
- Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy and best practice.
- Previous CRM system experience preferred.