Our client, a leading manufacturer of Medical Electronic products, is looking for a VP of Human Resources. The VP of HR develops, implements, and coordinates policies and programs concerning recruiting, employment, training and development, employee relations, compensation, payroll, employee benefits, safety and health, and employee services. As a member of the senior management team, provides counsel and support on all HR related issues and opportunities.
- Develop and maintain human resources policies and procedures that comply with all State and Federal laws. Ensure all government reporting is properly completed, monitoring and proactively reducing any potential exposure to the Company. Be the primary contact with legal counsel and outside government agencies.
- Administer the company’s employee benefit plans.
- Plan, organize, and control all activities of the human resources department involving employee services, new employee orientation and on-boarding processes, performance management, and maintenance of employee records.
- Proactively manage workers’ compensation.
- Manage Payroll.
- Oversee all aspects of company compensation, ensuring the Company remains competitive in the local market.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems with the CFO, recommend changes as appropriate.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities including interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Reviews and approves all recommendations for employee hiring, performance improvement plans, and terminations.
- Recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employee-employer relationship and promote a high level of morale.
- Develop and implement training and development programs.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field and 8+ years of progressively responsible related experience.
- PHR Certification is preferred.
- MBA or related master’s degree is preferred.
- Manufacturing experience a must.
- Excellent business communication skills are necessary.
- The ability to problem solve a variety of situations is required
- Must be able to execute reasoning skills and work well independently
- Strong detail orientation, analytical skills, and computer skills are necessary
- Ability to handle multiple projects and to complete them in a timely manner is essential
- Must have proven ability to plan and organize effectively
- Must have demonstrated trust and be capable of maintaining a strict adherence to confidentiality.