As an Account Manager, you’ll be helping lead a dynamic client-facing team. Collaboration and a willingness to support your colleagues are imperative, as is a true love for building and nurturing relationships, both internal and external.
- Responsible for implementing new client launches including carrier involvement, communications campaign, employee correspondence, implementing and adhering to a project timeline, communicating program specific to client and information exchange(file transfers, enrollment systems, etc).
- Responsible for routine service, which includes the development and execution of service schedule, participation reporting (if relevant), and coordinating questions/initiatives with the client and carriers, conducts surveys.
- Meets with clients alone or in conjunction with Account Executive or Unit Manager according to standardized client meeting schedules.
- Conducts all marketing efforts as assigned by unit.
- Reviews agreements and/or documents such as employee booklets, carrier contracts, etc.
- Responsible for explaining new benefit offerings and communication strategies to existing clients.
- Develops prospective client proposals.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field and/or equivalent experience in the insurance industry.
- At least 3 years of experience in the insurance industry, specifically in the employee benefits area is required.
- Minimum of 2 years Account Management experience required.
- Demonstrated professional, tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve objectives.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access) or similar software applications.
- Demonstrated presentation skills including preparation and execution.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to develop sound relationships with multiple clients.
- Ability to interact with vendors effectively.
- Required insurance licenses or ability to obtain immediately.
- Good working knowledge of financial arrangements and products available to clients.