Under management supervision, responsible for all client service including interfacing effectively and confidently with senior management of clients to schedule meetings and to present various mid-year and annual reports.
- Meet with clients alone or in conjunction with Senior Consultant, Producer, or Unit Manager according to standardized client meeting schedule and as needed. Has the ability to effectively present and communicate to clients, Renewals, Marketing reports and Financial reports
- Prepare renewal report for Unit Manager review.
- Conduct all marketing efforts as assigned by unit, which includes complete execution of marketing checklist, development of Request for Proposal (RFP), coordinate vendor responses and follow-up, analysis and comparison of proposals
- Handle new carrier and plan implementation and transition by ensuring complete execution of implementation checklist, preparation of implementations schedule and to travel and participate in enrollment meetings at all locations necessary
- Review of all agreements and/or documents (employee booklets, carrier contracts, etc.)
- Review annual commission/fee reconciliation and prepare reporting for Unit Manager
- Technical ability to critique renewal calculations on all lines of coverage
- Can successfully handle smaller clients with minimal supervision
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a business related field or equivalent experience in the insurance industry.
- At least 3 plus years of progressive brokerage/consulting experience
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to develop sound relationships with multiple clients.
- Ability to interact with vendors effectively, including at senior levels.
- Excellent computer skills including word processing and advanced Excel skills. (Complicated spreadsheets created on a regular basis.)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Required insurance licenses or ability to obtain immediately.
- A firm working knowledge of welfare benefit with an advanced understanding of risk and insurance concepts.
- A very good working knowledge of differing financial arrangements and products available to clients (i.e., self-insured, fully insured, minimum premium, ASO).
- A clear understanding of federal and state legislation and legal issues related to the insurance industry (e.g., COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, etc.)
- Ability to travel by automobile and aircraft, and stay for more than one day and night